Harriers! As a follow-up to last month’s post, I wanted to provide some more detail about our exciting new partnership with Strava.
The folks at Strava approached our small but growing base of Strava users in the fall of last year to chronicle the Harriers as one of the “Six Fast and Fun New York City Run Clubs.” Many of you saw the article, some of you even joined the team because of it! Since then, we’ve been working to find new ways to collaborate with Strava to promote the Harriers and help improve as runners, and more importantly have fun doing it. What started out as a photo editorial, became a partnership with the Take the Bridge run, and ultimately culminated into a full partnership which has the potential to help the club earn up a sizeable amount of money.
What does the team get?
Aside from the positive spotlight, which has already helped recruit an amazing group of new runners in 2016, Strava is offering a monetary incentive. So here’s how it breaks down.
Already happened – Strava graciously donated the prize money for the Take the Bridge Run, which allowed us to net approximately $500 in registration fees which can be used towards the Summer Party, Holiday Party or other Harrier Shenanigans.
If we increase the number of members on Strava to 100 by March of 2017, we’ll get extra $$$
If we increase the number of members on Strava to 150by March of 2017, we’ll receive an incremental amount of $$$.
What’s in it for me?
So what do you get for joining?
- A great app to track your runs, set goals, and engage with members of the running community
- A way to give Kudos for standout Harrier performances
- A 30 day free trial to Strava’s premium subscription service (normally $5.99/month)
- 15% off the cost of an annual membership to Strava ($59)
- 20% off of one item from the Strava shop
Sounds great, how do I join?
- 1Go to Strava.com and set up an account. It’s easy and you can choose to log in with your Facebook or Google account (or create an entirely new one).
- Download the app to your smart phone or sync up your GPS running watch to automatically upload workouts https://www.strava.com/upload/device
- Request to join the Harriers’ team page at https://www.strava.com/clubs/nyharriers
Note: Please email me for the discount codes.
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions and hope to see you on Strava!