THE 2019 NEW YORK HARRIERS MILE
~CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OUR FINISHERS~
*THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS*
Check back here for next year’s event
Run your fastest mile
Find your top speed at the inaugural New York Harriers Mile, a competitive track mile taking place at the newly renovated East 6th Street Track in East River Park on the evening of September 14, 2019.
prizes - $500 prize purse - free drinks - donuts - race photos
For detailed race day info, schedule, bib pickup timing, and of course Donut Relay guidelines, see below or click here
THE HARRIERS MILE
The race will consist of a series of seeded heats.
First heat 5:20pm
Last heat 6:30pm
HEAT 1 - 5:20 pm
HEAT 2 - 5:35 pm
HEAT 3 - 5:50 pm
HEAT 4 - 6:00 pm
HEAT 5 - 6:10 pm
HEAT 6 - 6:20 pm
HEAT 7 - 6:30 pm
The Donut Mile relay - 6:45 pm
*Heat assignments are based upon projected time provided during registration
An awards ceremony will conclude the event, with awards and prize money (sponsored by L&K Partners) to be presented to the winners at that time.
After-party (sponsored by Truly) will be held at DayTripper starting at 7:30pm.
All racers and volunteers will receive one free drink (with drink ticket and from selections on tap) at the bar.
BIB & T-SHIRT PICKUP
Bib Pickup begins at 4:30PM and ends at 6:15PM
THERE IS NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
PLEASE WEAR YOUR BIB ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT!
LIVE Online/Email/Text Results and free finish line photos can be found on race day at elitefeats.com
Bag check will be located near the bib pickup area. Baggage opens at 4:30PM and volunteers will be on hand to watch your belongings throughout the races. Please pick up your bags by 7:30PM.
COURSE SANCTIONING AND RACE TIMING
The race is USATF sanctioned and will be officially timed by elitefeats.
Results will include quarter mile splits, and will be posted online and available immediately following the race.
HARRIERS MILE AWARDS
$500 prize purse — cash awards for top two Open M/F & Masters M/F
THE DONUT MILE RELAY
Four friends. Four donuts. One mile.
To celebrate the Harriers' love of donuts and a tradition of destination runs, the races will conclude with a Donut Relay Mile, consisting of teams of 4 runners.
Each runner will eat one donut and then complete a full lap (400 meters) of the track.
PLAIN GLAZED YEAST DONUTS WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE DONUT PUB
DONUT MILE AWARDS
There will be prizes to the top Men's, Women's, and Mixed (must consist of at least 2 women) teams.
DONUT MILE RELAY RULES
1. Each competitor will eat one donut and run one lap (400 meters). So the race will consist of the first runner consuming a donut, then lap, followed by the second teammate consuming a donut, then lap, etc. The race ends when the fourth competitor crosses the finish line.
2. The donut must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish line on the track.
3. The race begins with the eating of the first donut in the last meter of the transition zone to ensure competitors run a complete mile (1609 meters).
4. All competitors will eat a Donut Pub yeast plain glazed donut (or a similar New York Harriers sanctioned and supplied vegan donut)
5. Each team will have a chipped baton they will hand off to their teammates at the completion of their lap.
6. Each competitor cannot begin consuming their donut until their teammate hands them the chipped baton in the transition zone on each lap.
7. Cups of water will be on hand in the transition area to help wash down the donut
8. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their team's 4th lap). Note: Vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end.
* Donut judges will be on hand at the transition area to verify the donut has been completely consumed with competitors opening their mouths to show they are empty.
PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD!
Official race photography by New York Harrier member and photographer, Ari Scott. Race photos are now available for download! Click here to see your best shots! Check out more of Ari’s fantastic work on her Instagram!
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED - NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
$25 (Harriers Mile only)
$20 (Donut Mile Relay - per team of four)
Registration for the Harriers Mile includes entry into the race, a finishing shirt, and entry into a sweet after party.
Registration for the Donut Mile Relay includes entry into the race (per team of four)
CELEBRATE WITH A PINT
ABOUT THE NEW YORK HARRIERS
The New York Harriers is a competitive running club and has been running strong in New York City since 1988. From our humble beginnings, we have established a proud tradition of supporting our members' running goals at all levels, age groups, and disciplines. Harriers culture embraces the competitive spirit while promoting team camaraderie and friendship.